The gifts we all purchase during this time of the year, and the way we choose them, can be an excellent starting point to begin changing things towards a more sustainable future.
This is an excellent month to start acting. We all know that change is necessary and here are some simple tips, in the form of questions, to help you choose the best gifts, discarding those that do not meet certain conditions:
- Is the product really useful?
- Does the person you are going to give it to need it? Is he or she going to make the most of it?
- Does he or she already have something similar, or that fulfils the same function?
- For how long and how often will he or she use it?
- Is it a product with a lifetime long enough to make the purchase worth?
- Where was it manufactured and by what means will it reach you?
At Laken, we are convinced: this holiday season we are not going to buy or give anything that cannot be used for at least 4 years. If you join the initiative, and if you really need it, you can buy a reusable bottle with a 25% discount until Monday 02/12 with the code GREENDAYSLAKEN.
Each small gesture contributes to great changes.